Re: Simple Proposal for setting HTTP headers

On 08/10/13 09:24, Tobie Langel wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
>> Maybe I missed something, but was there any conclusion on this thread?
>> Tobie, I'm fine with you choosing a solution, I think the thread overall
>> brought up lots of good arguments, but now, we need a solution; whatever
>> you choose will definitely be better than what we have now (namely nothing).
>
> Afaik, James is implementing .headers in wptserve and also might add support for .asis.
>
> .htaccess files won't be supported.

Correct, more or less.

Currently wptserve supports three mechanisms for setting headers:

.asis files where you provide the raw bytes that go on the HTTP response
.headers files where you change/append to the default headers in an
otherwise static response.
.py files where you have full control over the response, with a range of
abstraction levels depending on just how fine-grained you want the
control to be.

As usual, something like the principle of least power applies i.e. if
you can achieve your goal with a static file + a .headers file that is
probably the best approach, otherwise if .asis will work use that,
otherwise use a .py file.