Re: Knowing which tests are in the repository

On 23/08/13 14:16, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On 22/08/2013 18:31 , James Graham wrote:
>> A modified proposal:
>
> Overall, I like this. It seems to address issues with maintainability
> and developer-friendliness well. Just a few minor quibbles below:
>
>> * Any html, xhtml or svg file that links to testharness.js is a
>> testharness test
>
> I wonder if we can brutally simplify this to be for (X)HTML and SVG
> files that contain the string "testharness.js". It avoids parsing and is
> likely correct.

I wonder if the cost of parsing is still a problem if you assume that
instead of rewriting the whole manifest each time, you store the SHA1 of
the previous update and only look at files that have changed since then
(using git diff --name-only {PREVIOUS_REF} HEAD). The initial import
will be slow, but subsequent updates will generally be fast.