Re: Knowing which tests are in the repository

On 21/08/2013 19:49 , James Graham wrote:
> FWIW since I need something now, I hacked together [1]. It is slightly
> specific to my needs and obviously could be improved to actually parse
> html files and identify reftests by something other than filename. But
> it does allow a per-directory manifest in the format I suggested to be
> autogenerated (most of the time), and overridden (in special cases).
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/jgraham/html-testsuite/blob/manifest/tools/scripts/update_manifest.py

For a different approach to a related problem, you might be interested
in looking at:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/tools/coverage/test-data.js

What it does is actually run every HTML file in a browser and talk to
its testharness instance (if any) to figure out how many tests there are.

The output looks like this:

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/blob/master/tools/coverage/test-data.json

which isn't very useful as is, but of course could be made friendlier.