Re: Knowing which tests are in the repository

On 21/08/13 11:03, Tobie Langel wrote:
> On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM, David Burns wrote:
>> By putting the details all in the test html that excludes out of
>> process tests, like WebDriver tests, from getting the information
>> so we would need to run tests, process information and then abort
>> or complete which is not ideal.
>
> Agreed, but at the end of the day, there is some tradeoff we have to
> make between ease of authoring/revieweing and ease of running the
> tests.
>
> Currently I feel like the former is the bottleneck and the one we
> should optimize for.
>
> That said, there should be a number of ways to mitigate the issues
> you mention.
>
> jgraham suggested automating manifest generation and including these
> manifests in the repo itself.

FWIW since I need something now, I hacked together [1]. It is slightly
specific to my needs and obviously could be improved to actually parse
html files and identify reftests by something other than filename. But
it does allow a per-directory manifest in the format I suggested to be
autogenerated (most of the time), and overridden (in special cases).

[1]
https://github.com/jgraham/html-testsuite/blob/manifest/tools/scripts/update_manifest.py