Re: What is the purpose of this group? - was: Re: Who currently executes the tests in the w3c repos?

On 8/7/13 3:38 PM, ext Peter Linss wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2013, at 9:59 AM, James Graham wrote:
>
>> On 2013-08-07 09:34, Peter Linss wrote:
>>> On Aug 7, 2013, at 2:22 AM, Ms2ger wrote:
>>> This statement is untrue and misleading. Firstly, our primary focus
>>> of testing is getting specs _out_ of CR and into REC, getting to CR
>>> does not require tests, but this is not the "only" thing we care about
>>> regarding tests.
>> I don't know who "our" is supposed to be in this case
> The "our" in that context was the CSS WG.

Speaking as a WG Chair, one of my main reasons for support this testing
effort is to facilitate moving specs through the CR process.

>> but it's certainly not my primary goal, and I don't think it should be anyone else's either.
> Wow. Ok.

I can understand why people have different goals for w-p-t and at the
same time I don't quite understand the negativity (stop energy?) towards
those that want to move specs through CR.

-AB