Re: Simple Proposal for setting HTTP headers

On 2013-08-07 08:36, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Yeah, but the value of using a DSL (so long as it's a really simple
> format) is that we don't at all have to worry about people checking in
> code. Presumably once we have this new server we will be phasing out
> PHP, and the whole test tree will be served "dumbly". This means that
> we can simply publish every single PR on the web without review, etc.
> It's much safer.

Well except that presumably foo() is a custom function defined
somewhere, and people will need to add their own custom things. So we
can't ditch that complexity entirely, which is the same as saying that
all the infrastructure to support it has to still exist. I quite agree
that for very simple things (serving static files, altering headers,
perhaps some more) it should be possible to do without actual code.