Re: Git PRs and branches

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Laurence Mclister wrote:
> Hey All,
> I'm in the middle of updating the github doc[1] to account for the github
> UI changes and the topic of branches and PRs has come up. If you have a
> moment, please take a look at and comment on the issue[2].

See my comments on the issue itself. In Git, branches are cheap, so you want to create small, well-scoped topic branches. Much like you should commit early and often, you should send pull requests early and often. It is much better to have 3 small pull requests reviewed by the end of the day than a gigantic one in preparation that'll take weeks to get reviewed.

A good read on the topic: https://coderwall.com/p/wxowig

Best,

--tobie