Re: Simple Proposal for setting HTTP headers

By trusted, I mean that several features are required to fail without user
recourse if the presented HTTPS certificate is not valid, issued from a
trusted root CA, matches the correct hostname, etc.  The only practical way
to work around this for local testing is to have a dummy cert that is
manually added to the local browser's trust store.  Not out of the
question, of course, but another wrinkle.

Right now, the server at w3c-test.org supports listening on:

w3c-test.org
www.w3c-test.org
www2.w3c-test.org
www3.w3c-test.org

and on ports 80, 81, 82, 83, 88 and 8081
as well as HTTPS on 443.

I suppose we can re-design the tests to do something else, but this is the
infrastructure we've had for years and have hundreds of tests depending on
it.

-Brad