Re: Kickstarting the Resource Center Task Force

Hi Tobie et al,

I'd like to contribute this stab at a start-to-finish "how to" for new test
writers re: writing tests for the HTML testsuite, based on how I've gone
about it and the feedback to my pull requests:

http://dzenana-trenutak.github.com/GitDocs/W3C_HTMLTestsuite_Tutorial/index.html

I just began submitting tests this winter myself, and as of only a few days
ago joined as an invited expert/member of the html testsuite task force to
boot, so if I've misunderstood anything about W3C's
processes/preferences/priorities, set me straight and I'm happy to make
corrections.

Also, I just clued into the existence/relevance of the IDLHarness testing
mechanism, which is quite a missing link for this tutorial (and probably
for my previously submitted pull requests, too).  So, I'll look into that
next.  I can add to/revise these pages accordingly once I do so.

(If anyone can point me to some existing documentation about IDLharness,
please shout out! Thanks.)

Hope it might be useful,

Yours,

Dzenana T.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
>
> The Resource Center Task Force now has its own home[1]. I've started
organizing work there and you're more than welcome to have a look around
and sign up for work.

> Like all other testing task forces we're going to be using the
public-test-infra@w3.org mailing list for now. If you haven't already,
please sign-up now[2].

> The most pressing stuff at the moment is to complete and agree on the
requirements of the Resource Center[3]. We need to get quotes for getting
the work done so we can report back to the constituents and get funding.
I'm hoping to be able to have a first pass at that asap so we can discuss
it further.

http://www.w3.org/wiki/Testing/Resource_Center_TF/Existing_Documentation