From: "Tobie Langel" <tobie@w3.org>
To: "HU, BIN" <bh526r@att.com>
Cc: "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>
Subject: What is the current process of signing contributor license in order to contribute to W3C testing?
Date: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 2:30 AM

The method described in the Webapps wiki (grant type II) is the correct one (for now). We'll soon change it to an integrated solution like CLAHub.

--tobie

Sent from my mobile phone.

On Jun 7, 2013, at 7:06, "HU, BIN" <bh526r@att.com<mailto:bh526r@att.com>> wrote:

Hello my friends,

One of the puzzles in my assignments is to find out current process of signing the kind of contributor license agreement in order to contribute to W3C testing.

I did some research, and find several different ways:

-          Sign the W3C’s License Grant Form [1]: This method is used by WebApp’s test submission process [2], and it implies that W3C member doesn’t need to sign this form.

-          I googled out another W3C Test Suite License [3], but have no idea when and how it is used, and who needs to sign

-          There is a CLA license hosted under CLAHub [4], but I don’t know what is the relationship with above 2.

Can anyone who is familiar with the license stuff, especially W3C staff, explain what is the current process, and what should be documented appropriately in the testing program?

Thank you

Bin

[1]: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/testgrants2-200409/
[2]: http://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/Submitting_tests#How_to_Submit_a_New_Test_-_The_Short_Version