Re: git repos for tests?

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> this is excellent! Thanks a lot.
>

> On 29/05/2013 00:11 , Dirk Pranke wrote:
>
>> At
>> the moment it looks like we will need to do at least some minimal set of
>> modifications to the tests (e.g., add -webkit- prefixes to CSS) and we
>> have a script that can automatically make those modifications.
>>

> I think that it would be great if you could share such a script (and other
> stuff you've needed), if possible. I'm not sure where it would best live,
> but I can for instance imagine other browser vendors being interested in
> reusing the same stuff (but, e.g. with a different prefix).
>
> In general documenting what you did (and what the pain points were) would
> be extremely helpful.k

Rebecca Hauck wrote the original version of the script and it's been
evolving since through the normal Blink/WebKit dev processes. You can find
it here:

https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/blink/trunk/Tools/Scripts/import-w3c-tests
https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/blink/trunk/Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/w3c/

and a virtually identical (though slightly older version) exists at a
similar location in the WebKit repo. It would be straightforward to adapt
it to other browsers, although the current version has a few small
dependencies on other parts of Blink/WebKit's python infrastructure.

I wouldn't necessarily encourage anyone to play with it just yet, as I'll
hopefully have something running fully soon, so you might as well wait
until then.

-- Dirk