Re: marking tests that require user interaction?

On 05/23/2013 01:28 PM, Andreas Tolf Tolfsen wrote:
> On 05/23/2013 01:14 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> Good question. I recall this being discussed a bit before but I don't
>> believe there was consensus on what to do.
>>
>> I am indifferent as to what WebApps does, however, it might be useful to
>> see what other groups are doing in case we want to leverage prior work
>> (or learn about things to avoid).
>
> A group of us are working on standardizing interactions with browser
> with testability in mind.  The current editor's draft can be found here:
>
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webdriver/raw-file/default/webdriver-spec.html
>
> Since there are already several mature implementations of this
> specification we are in a special situation.  As far as I can tell, the
> only thing missing is work on a test runner/execution environment for
> WebDriver based tests.

True, but not really the answer to the current question.

As discussed on irc, the de-facto standard is to use a MANIFEST file with

manual foo.html

to indicate that a test is manual.

That works with Mozilla's infrastructure at least and since they seem to
be one of very few people actively importing W3C tests it makes sense to
use a system that works for them.