Re: Naming directories in web-platform-tests

"Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>, 2013-04-16 16:57 -0700:

> On Apr 16, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:
> FWIW, the CSSWG is going to be renaming most of our spec's shortnames in
> /TR space soon (with the appropriate redirects) to have a single
> consistent pattern (and remove css3-*). We already made this change in
> our draft repository.

With respect, I don't think it would be a good idea for the rest of us to
use that as a good precedent.

> I recommend giving each WG a chance to chime in if they have plans to
> change their shortnames (for their own reasons), then rename all the
> directories in the repo to match /TR space (or any planned changes in /TR
> space).

I recommend that we don't encourage working groups to start making requests
to change a bunch of short names. At least not unless we could agreement
that it's actually a good idea instead of a bad one.

  --Mike