Re: Code online

Hi Richard,

On Jul 18, 2012, at 22:00 , Richard Ishida wrote:
> FYI, here's a working page with live drawdown of results via the new API:
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/html-css/ruby/results-interactive

Cool to see this working, glad that the API can be used — I hope it wasn't too painful.

One thing I was wondering about: would it be useful for you if I more officially released a small JS file that exposes the JSON API to code in a simpler fashion? I know you reused a piece of the UI system that I pointed you to, but that was meant to be internal (and has since moved). I could make this more publicly consumable, and link to it from the JSON API page.

Since I've now added JSONP support to the backend, that would also make that part more transparent for older browsers.

> Two points:
>
> [1] i didn't think I could justify the extra processing power/code needed to convert all the '0's to '.' - not such a big deal. (one day I'll convert it to graphical histograms, anyway...)

Heh :) I've wondered the same, but ended up doing it anyway:

var content = ((res.pass > 0) ? res.pass : ".") + " / " +
              ((res.fail > 0) ? res.fail : ".") + " / " +
              ((res.uncertain > 0) ? res.uncertain : ".");

Yes, that ought to be useful. Just to be clear on how you'd like that to happen, I presume that you would go to a details page, say http://w3c-test.org/framework/app/suite/elementtraversal/details/webkit/et-dynamic-add.html, and (assuming you're a logged in maintainer) you'd have a "Delete" button in front of every row so that you could nix bad reports. If that's what you're looking for, I should be able to add it easily.