Re: Mobile Web Applications Interoperability Event, 6-7 December 2011, Sophia-Antipolis, France

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:49:15 +0200
Cc: public-test-infra <public-test-infra@w3.org>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
To: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Hi François,

On Oct 18, 2011, at 15:44 , Francois Daoust wrote:
> Test cases developed during the event will be sent to the corresponding working groups and fed into the testing framework. Candidate specifications/features for the development of test cases include:
> - the audio/video elements in HTML5
> - new <input> types in HTML5
> - HTML5 Application Cache
> - the Device Orientation Event Specification
> - the Contacts API
> - Web Storage
> - Web Workers
> - Navigation Timing
>
> The list is not exhaustive. Basically, focus will be on technologies:
> - that are relatively stable
> - that do not have a comprehensive test suite available (or would benefit from adaptation to the new format)
> - for which there exists at lease one running prototype on a mobile device.

I don't know how stable the Contacts API effectively is — I wouldn't be surprised if some non-negligible changes took place between now and this event.

I would however add the Battery Status API: it has been actively worked on and has benefited from excellent implementation feedback from Mozilla, and I think (but need to check) that it should be testable on a B2G build. I would expect it to be ready for testing by December.