Re: Automatic test results reporting

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:11:41 +0200 (CEST)
To: "Linss, Peter" <peter.linss@hp.com>
cc: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, "public-test-infra@w3.org" <public-test-infra@w3.org>
> No, there's no notion of a session in the harness, and I really don't
> want to add one on the server side, I'd be OK with a mode that stores
> results in browser local storage and submits them as a batch, but I
> don't want that to be the default mode (or required as it's designed to
> work with all sorts of clients and many will not support local storage).

I don't understnad why you need the notion of a session. I also don't
understand why you are loading a differnet top-level document for every
test and yet still loading tht actual test file in an iframe. Why not just
load each test in an iframe sequentially and collect the results in
memory, only submitting them once the entire batch is complete?