From: Phil Barker <phil.barker@pjjk.co.uk>
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 5:58 AM
To: public-talent-signal@w3.org
Subject: [TalentSignal] Example job postings for analysis

Hello all,

I think that a useful next step for the TalentSignal community group would be to look at some example job postings. By trying to represent the information in them in schema.org we will be able to examine and document what can already be expressed with schema.org JobPosting and how best to express it. I think that doing so will allow us to contribute examples and guidance to schema.org and to surface and exemplify what cannot be done.

The examples had best be fictional or anonymous so as not to divulge sensitive or confidential information about job analyses into a public specification, however it is important that the examples are realistic and not overly contrived.

Probably we will need a range of examples to cover different scenarios (remote work, short term contracts, hourly Vs monthly pay etc., formal & informal competence requirements and so on).

The Job Data Exchange project produced a couple of fictional examples for Junior<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vD19BSnaxkf9qahYeGBw19YKPFi2McFEuJOE9a5K_KY/edit?usp=sharing>[1] and Senior<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yeNR37Dzh_GgjBLhCTqN7AMkfT79usFhD7NqexTkT_I/edit?usp=sharing> [2] software developers, which I pleased to be able to share. I have created a page<https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Example_job_postings> [3] on the group's wiki for such examples.

Two questions: 1) are you happy that these are worthwhile examples to analyse; 2) are you in a position to provide any other examples?

Best regards, Phil
1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vD19BSnaxkf9qahYeGBw19YKPFi2McFEuJOE9a5K_KY/edit?usp=sharing

2. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yeNR37Dzh_GgjBLhCTqN7AMkfT79usFhD7NqexTkT_I/edit?usp=sharing

3. https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/wiki/Example_job_postings

--

Phil Barker<http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil

CETIS LLP<https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for innovation in education technology.
PJJK Limited<https://www.pjjk.co.uk>: technology to enhance learning; information systems for education.

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company, number SC569282.