[device-capabilities] a number of logical processors

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:23:08 +0000
To: "Sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>
Hi,

Given this group has been experimenting with a spec that exposes a number of logical processors of the system [1] among other things (we’ve implemented the API experimentally too), I’d like to point out there’s now an active thread over at WHATWG [2] re exposing similar information to the Web.

It is still too early to tell whether this will bit will end up in the HTML spec, and if it lands the API shape is likely to change. The discussion was triggered by an Intent to Implement over at blink-dev mailing list.

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/device-capabilities/#systemcpu-interface
[2] http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2014-May/254200.html