Re: Raw Socket API

On 2014-03-31 18:29, Marcos Caceres wrote:

Hi Marcos,

I think the core issue here (for me...) is that the draft doesn't elaborate
on the trust model.  IMO, that should be a prerequisite for all WebAPIs
( https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/WebAPI ) because they
are actually rather different.  Geo-location is essentially a user privacy
thing while networks usually have "concerned parties" in both ends.

In a nutshell: I'm not able to tell which end (or mode) the Raw Socket API
draft is trying to protect by requiring a trusted application.  This
may very well be due to limited understanding on my side :-(

Cheers,
Anders