RE: Discussion on current status and next step of contacts API, Data Store API and TCP and UDP Socket API

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:08:20 -0400
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk73@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>, Gene Lian <clian@mozilla.com>

On June 26, 2014 at 9:45:19 PM, Domenic Denicola (domenic@domenicdenicola.com) wrote:
> > Regarding language features: ES6 support is not entirely necessary,
> from what I can see. We have a working polyfill (with a growing
> test suite!) that wouldn't require anything from ES6 except
> weak maps (to create truly private properties) and promises.

Sorry Domenic, I wasn't clear. What I meant to say is that we want to finish implementing some core things in ES6 before we add streams irrespective of dependencies that they may have on each other. It's a resourcing issue - too many awesome features, too few people to work on them :(

--
Marcos Caceres