Re: W3C workshop on web apps and marketplaces?

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:28:09 +0100, Kostiainen, Anssi
<anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On 20 Jan 2014, at 18:58, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> I have extracted the comments made on this thread and copied them to
>> the Headlights 2014 proposal that I was asked to make, see:
>>
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2014/W3C_Workshop_on_Web_Apps_and_Marketplaces#Feedback.2FQuestions_on_the_idea
>>
>> This is essentially a request to W3C Management for the resources
>> necessary to start planning for the workshop. More details at:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2014
>
> Thanks for putting this together! Looks good, and it seems most of the
> issues were already addressed by others.

Ditto.

I think one thing is missing - there should be a clear aim to consolidate
information about building apps based on existing web standards.

A topic that might be interesting for a workshop is educational materials
- webplatform.org, …

> I only noted couple of minor things:
>
> * The section starting with "Extract from Charles’ email” seems to
> repeat some of the existing text.

Yep. In general, I think you could profitably summarise the thread a lot
more.

cheers