Re: W3C workshop on web apps and marketplaces?

On Monday, January 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:

> I have extracted the comments made on this thread and copied them to the Headlights 2014 proposal that I was asked to make, see:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Headlights2014/W3C_Workshop_on_Web_Apps_and_Marketplaces#Feedback.2FQuestions_on_the_idea
Thanks, Dave, for putting this summary together.

I'm concerned about the mention of "trusted web applications". This makes it sound like there is some special type of web application that is somehow more trusted than any other web application. I think there is real risk of segregating the Web like this - and goes against the principle of "one web".

Could you please drop that from the document?

I'm also a bit, um, uncomfortable, about "Making it easier for users to discover and pay for Web apps". The idea of paying for a web site is weird (as they are not tangible bits of software) - maybe say, "Making it easier for users to discover and pay for online services"?