Re: W3C workshop on web apps and marketplaces?

On jeu., 2014-01-16 at 10:12 +0000, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> * How to gradually build trust when a user is having a conversation
> with a web resource, mediated by the User Agent?
>
> * We have a set of trust gestures built in to the platform such as
> bookmarking, uploading a file using the file picker, and drag and
> drop. I think it is important to ensure we understand and use these
> implicit permissions grants where appropriate instead of inventing new
> ones.

Somewhat relevant to this thread, I published last week a review of
existing permission requests across a set of Web APIs and features:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-mobile/2014Jan/0001.html
http://dontcallmedom.github.io/web-permissions-req/matrix.html

Since a lot of the tension between in-browser vs out-of-the-browser
application discussions resolve around permission and trust management,
this might be useful input to this discussion.

Also, I've recently added a number of references and quotes to
http://www.w3.org/wiki/Mobile/articles#API_Permissions which would be
good additional input.

Dom