From: Nilsson, Claes1 [mailto:Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 6:29 PM
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: [Raw Socket API]: Working on a version based on the Streams API

FYI,

I have started the re-design of the API and have an ongoing discussion at
the WHAT WG Streams API Github repo,
https://github.com/whatwg/streams/issues/64.

Currently there are two ongoing activities on a Streams API, the WHAT WG
Streams API,  <https://github.com/whatwg/streams>
https://github.com/whatwg/streams, and the W3C Streams API,
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm>
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/streams-api/raw-file/tip/Overview.htm. However, I was
informed that there has been progress on convergence of the two specs. It
seems as the base will be the WHATWG stuff but with some modifications from
the W3C specification. This is why I have chosen to use the WHAT WG
specification as the base for the Raw Socket API.

BR

  Claes

Claes Nilsson M.Sc.E.E

Master Engineer - Web Research