Re: Next step for Data Store API?

On August 3, 2014 at 10:34:21 PM, 송정기 (jungkee.song@samsung.com) wrote:
> > Could you share any major decision points by which the named
> IDB replaced Data Store API in FxOS?

Problems:

* apps are using data stores as a shared db
* people are building schemas into data stores themselves
* api design doesn't guide people to intended uses:  call sync() and update local copy; act on local copy

> And for SysApps APIs, do you
> want to leave it up to implementation specific decision now?
> Or do you still think there should be some new proposals to cover
> this data synchronization use cases between apps?

Don't have a strong opinion. If anything, we should solve this using IDB. I don't know how, but IDB is the database for the web so we should be building on that.

WRT datastore, it's still way too experimental to consider for standardization.

--
Marcos Caceres