Re: Permissions UI & Necessary API

On April 25, 2014 at 10:49:56 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi (anssi.kostiainen@intel.com) wrote:
> > I observe some web-based platforms [1] already provide a similar
> mechanism, however, I’m not sure if e.g. Firefox OS uses the information
> in the context of use as recommended (or just for upfront grants)?

AFAIK, in FxOS they are only used by marketplace reviewers to understand why a feature is being requested by the developer - and then so the store reviewer can make an assessment about the truthiness of the claim during code review. In other words, I think the descriptions are just things that mostly serve store owners. These things are not displayed to users - the APIs access is then granted by Mozilla based on a successful review.

Hope that makes sense... and I hope I got this right:)

--
Marcos Caceres