Re: Request to report the status of the specs

From: Gene Lian <clian@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 07:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: Zoltan Kis <zoltan.kis@intel.com>
Cc: Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk73@gmail.com>, public-sysapps@w3.org
Hi,

Regarding DataStore API, I put the spec on:
http://airpingu.github.io/data-store-api/index.html

The solved/unsolved issues are at:
https://github.com/airpingu/data-store-api/issues?state=open

> The use cases we have for backends:
> - messages coming from device/built-in modem
> - messages coming from paired Bluetooth devices via MAP (multiple
> devices should be supported)
> - contacts coming from device (multiple address books need to be supported)
> - contacts coming from paired Bluetooth devices via PBAP (multiple
> devices should be supported)
> - similarly, local call history
> - and call history coming from paired Bluetooth devices via PBAP and
> HFP (multiple devices should be supported).
>
> We need to discuss how to solve these use cases with the existing
> DataStore spec. It would be good if the spec would contain some
> guidelines for implementations regarding the use cases above.

Yes, we may discuss that in this F2F meeting. That's something
I need to confirm with you guys. The issue is at:

https://github.com/airpingu/data-store-api/issues/18

> Anyway, I hope that after this F2F we can go and implement DataStore,
> then give feedback and run another cycle.

It makes sense to me! Let's go implement after the guidelines
are confirmed.

Gene