Re: Discussing security model of sysapps

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-04-01 17:00, Dave Raggett wrote:
> <snip>
>>...Where the highest level of trust is required, APIs
>> may only be accessible to pre-installed apps. Such APIs may only work
>> with a single such app.
>
> To me this level sounds like OS/platform APIs which ought to be out of scope for sys-apps.
> It would in this case rather be the app itself that could be subject to some kind of standardization like e-mail, browser, etc.
> WebAPIs should IMO be limited to externally supplied apps.
> Anders

I agree, if e.g. Telephony APU would only work with preinstalled apps,
there would be no point for the API, apart from:
- starting the preinstalled dialer with a given telephony URI
- an API for telling if there is an ongoing telephony call in the
system (and eventually what resources is it using: audio [+video]).

Regards,
Zoltan