Re: Discussing security model of sysapps

From: Kis, Zoltan <zoltan.kis@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 18:44:10 +0300
To: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Wonsuk Lee <wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Anders Rundgren
<anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2014-04-01 17:00, Dave Raggett wrote:
> <snip>
>>...Where the highest level of trust is required, APIs
>> may only be accessible to pre-installed apps. Such APIs may only work
>> with a single such app.
>
> To me this level sounds like OS/platform APIs which ought to be out of scope for sys-apps.
> It would in this case rather be the app itself that could be subject to some kind of standardization like e-mail, browser, etc.
> WebAPIs should IMO be limited to externally supplied apps.
> Anders

I agree, if e.g. Telephony APU would only work with preinstalled apps,
there would be no point for the API, apart from:
- starting the preinstalled dialer with a given telephony URI
- an API for telling if there is an ongoing telephony call in the
system (and eventually what resources is it using: audio [+video]).

Regards,
Zoltan