RE: Achieving interoperability, was Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

The operator case may be specific, because they have some control on the phone. But think about entities addressing wide audience, with very heterogeneous phones and OSs on which they have no control: eg Governments, banks... It makes a lot of sense IMHO to offer them, and their users (i.e. everybody) a standard API, so that they can provide web apps that work on all their customer's mobiles.

--
Olivier

Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus