Re: Achieving interoperability, was Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM, Kis, Zoltan wrote:

> Then, it may be that some of the standardized API's in SysApps reach
> only hundreds of developers instead of thousands (like Telephony), if
> those hundred are relevant from business point of view (like
> operators).

So I'm wondering what is the inherent value here in having such a standard (e.g., for operators)? For example, do we expect Mozilla's dialer to be interchangeable with Tizen's dialer? Or is it just to make some more stuff royalty free through the W3C's patent policy?

--
Marcos Caceres