Re: [runtime] Application Lifecycle and Events - F2F feedback incorporated

Hi Marcos,

On Sep 13, 2013, at 7:27 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
>
> It feels like there is a lot of overlap with the EventWorkers proposal (previously NavController) work taking place here:
> https://github.com/slightlyoff/EventWorker
>
> I'm worried about starting a duplicate effort, specially if both Google and Mozilla are already working on EventWorkers (and have been for a while).

I hope no-one wants to do duplicate work, that's why we started with use cases and requirements first. The normative sections in our proposal are straw man, and personally I'd be more than happy to build atop the Event Worker (formerly Navigation Controller) proposal if it addresses the requirements of this group.

I'd suggest everyone in this group to review EventWorker proposal and see if there are gaps with what the group wants from a Runtime Model considering packaged apps' use cases in addition to the wild Web's (which I think is EventWorker's design target), and open issues.

It'd be great if EventWorker would address say 90% of the requirements, and only minor extensions would be needed to support packaged apps.

> Anssi, I know the model you guys proposed is somewhat different to EventWorkers - but I'm wondering if we can reconcile that somehow… or if that single event page (main) model can be proposed to Alex and Co. who are working on this.

See above.

> Should we set up a call with them to discuss?

That'd be great. Could you help set it up?

Thanks,

-Anssi