About Telephony API

From: Anton Tveretin <fas_vm@surguttel.ru>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 02:02:29 +0600
To: <public-sysapps@w3.org>
Dear All,
I think telephony API should be something different. I think of a telephony
program (for a voice/fax modem, or ISDN) or a softphone (for VoIP), which
uses scripts to handle incoming calls. It may process calls automatically
(e.g. receive faxes or files, or implement voice mail) or reject them, using
caller, nature of the call, subject etc.
Maybe I shouldn't address to this WG, as the thing is unrelated to the Web
and W3C.
Obviously, such API must be fairly extended (Microsoft TAPI 2.2 is somewhat
closer), with many call attributes, states, and methodes.
Also, I know there are PBXes that allow some kind of call control, but no
common API.
Sincerely yours, Anton Tveretin