Re: Hosted apps, was Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

On Friday, September 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:

> What could we achieve by using a signed manifest in combination with securely transported content?

How does one sign the manifest? What format?

> The manifest is signed by the app store and states that the url: https://www.foo.com/myapp is trusted. Content Security Policy is set to script-src 'self'. All script content must come from the same site, i.e. it should not be allowed to load script content from a 3rd party.
The problem is that the server can still be hacked (e.g., the hosted app loads an RSS feed or user comments).
> With this model the app store can revocate the manifest similar to revocation of packaged app.

The WG does not have a "kill switch" AFAIK. I don't know if anyone even implemented such a thing for W3C widgets in the old days.

--
Marcos Caceres