Re: Privileged and certified-level app, was Re: Clarity over direction of work on runtime and security model?

On 04/10/13 10:20, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> Dave - how close we are in getting this work into an appropriate W3C working group?

The SysApps charter allows for work on privileged and certified-level
apps, and allows the app's resources to be loaded at install time (aka
packaged app) or at run time (aka hosted app). The charter further
allows us to refactor how this work maps to deliverables as appropriate.

WebApps owns the packaging and manifest format, but SysApps is
responsible for aspects specific to the needs for system applications,
i.e. security contexts other than the regular browser context.

If we see value in basing our work on deliverables from other groups, we
need to factor this into the expected schedule. It could be that some
work we want to rely on is at a very early stage, e.g. not yet in an
existing working group charter.

But perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Could you please expand what you
mean by "this work"?

> I'm wondering if rechartering the group would help align us around
> the revised goals, assuming we as a group land on a consensus we need
> to revise the goals and scope.
>
> [On a related note, rechartering DAP helped the group make better
> progress with its deliverables.]

If we see a need for rechartering, fine, but there is a definite cost to
doing it. Can we clarify where the current charter is insufficient?

Best regards,