From: mvanouwerkerk@google.com [mailto:mvanouwerkerk@google.com] On Behalf
Of Michael van Ouwerkerk
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:36 PM
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: [Task Scheduler] scheduling flexibility

How do people feel about allowing for scheduling flexibility in the Task
Scheduler API? The goal of this feature would be to save battery power. If
the system has flexibility about when to precisely run a task, it could
batch multiple tasks together, or only run tasks when the device is awake.
This way, we could avoid waking up devices too frequently.

Some use cases require precise scheduling e.g. an alarm in the morning, or a
cooking timer. But there are many tasks that are much less time sensitive,
these could be scheduled flexibly e.g. syncing a news feed or auto-updating
to a new version.

Any comments? My apologies if this issue has been discussed previously.

Regards,

Michael van Ouwerkerk