Re: Review Request: Raw Socket API

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
> Hi script-coord,
>
> The SysApps WG just moved the Raw Socket API to FPWD and is looking for
> feedback regarding the idiomatic and Javascript-y aspects of the API:
> http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/raw-sockets/
>
> The specification doesn't clarify much the security aspects of the API
> (it should live behind a permission as described in the security model
> document) so please don't focus on that part.
>
> Feel free to have a look at the current issues [1] and open a new one [2].
>
> [1] https://github.com/sysapps/raw-sockets/issues
> [2] https://github.com/sysapps/raw-sockets/issues/new

I'm looking over this now, but as a heads-up to other script-coord
folks:  this is a "binary streams" API, similar to Node's streams.  If
you're interested in getting that variety of stream right, it would be
nice to do so here, in this API, so it doesn't get held up as a
mistake-but-you-should-be-compatible-with-it in the future.

~TJ