Re: Rename "Web Alarms API" to "Task Scheduler"

On 16 mai 2013, at 08:42, Alexandre Morgaut wrote:

> On 15 mai 2013, at 18:01, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
>
>> To start the discussion, I would like to propose to rename the
>> specification "Task Scheduler". Task is unfortunately used in other
>> specifications like HTML [1] but the naming isn't too overloaded and the
>> closest name I can think of would be "event" which is way too much used
>> in the Web Platform.
>
> I might still miss the goal, but it looks more to me like a "Message Scheduler" or  "System Message Scheduler" than like a "Task Scheduler" as is

Task Scheduling is made possible via the event "message fired" but if it was the goal I would probably have made the task callback a parameter
Just saying that to have the API design matching the API name

Alexandre Morgaut
Wakanda Community Manager

4D SAS
60, rue d'Alsace