Re: joint work with WebApps WG on Manifest

On Sunday, 12 May 2013 at 21:15, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> I actually wouldn't want the app:// protocol to go to CR that quickly.

Neither would I. The HTTP semantics/responses part is "new", it has never been implemented by anyone - nor have I gotten review of it apart from Giri. So, even if we wanted to, I don't think anyone would pass the (yet to be created) test suite.
> I think there are a number of tricky issues, such as origins, that
> goes hand-in-hand with the security model and with the runtime spec.

Agreed.
> So I think the app:// protocol should be developed in the same WG and
> on the same mailing list as the runtime and security specs.
>
> I've personally given up on making that be the webapps list right now.
I don't really mind where it happens; I'd be happy if people just read it at this point and gave me some feedback. ^_^