Re: [sysapps/runtime] can user add another store apps?

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Norifumi Kikkawa
<Norifumi.Kikkawa@jp.sony.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I have a question about the current runtime spec.
>
> It seems the spec realizes an "app store" type app on the web OS.
> Is it in the scope of the spec for users to add/remove another "app
> store" apps on his/her OS? I believe it's one of essential features
> for OWP.

The current runtime spec allows any website to act as a store. And
since apps have all the capabilities of websites, that means that by
extension you can write an app which is a store too.

So you don't even need a webstore app. You could simply rely on using
websites to do this.

> For example,
> - Can an "app store" app be added even if no "app store" apps installed?

Yes. The only boot-strap mechanism you need is a browser. Through a
website displayed by the browser the user can install apps.

> - Can an added app be granted access to ApplicationRegistry with
> user permission?

All websites have access to the ApplicationRegistry interface. Though
note that this doesn't mean that all websites have access to all
applications installed from anywhere.

/ Jonas