From: Tomoyuki SHIMIZU [tomoyuki.labs@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 03:44
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: [contacts-manager-api] Preferred ContactField

Hi,

> But Christophe has a point that there needs to be a documentation that should only be one element of the array with its preferred value set to 'true'.

I agree with that point, except that the PREF parameter in vCard is optional[1]. If this attribute is determined as boolean, there should be one or no element with its preferred (or pref) attribute set to 'true'.

BTW, vCard v4 defines the PREF parameter as an integer between 1 and 100, which indicates the level of preference[1]. If we would follow it, 'pref' (or 'preferred') attribute should be defined as an integer in the same manner as vCard v4.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Tomoyuki

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-5.3