Re: NFC web connection?

On 26/02/13 10:13, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> I think NFC as a future replacement of QR-codes rendered on web-pages could be interesting for "secure mating" between  a mobile device and PC.
>
> For this to happen there should be a scheme where a web app pushes data to an NFC device.
>
> Anders

Note that the NFC API is being developed in the NFC working group [1]
and that we are indeed looking at handovers between NFC and Bluetooth
and WiFi, e.g. making it easy to peer Bluetooth devices and launch an
associated application. If you are interested in helping with this,
please join the NFC WG. The webinos project [2] has also looked at using
NFC and QR Codes in the context of enrolling devices in Personal Zones.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/nfc/
[2] http://www.webinos.org/