Re: status of phase 1 work items?

On 2013-06-21 01:22, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Given that we still haven't made much progress on the basis of all of
> our specs, the runtime and security model, I think it's too early to
> start looking at the phase 2 specs.

If I restrict myself to the Security Element API:

TrustedComputingGroup which I'm an invited expert member of haven't been
able to get the web-interface-topic on the table in the 13 years they have
been operating...

Microsoft has introduced a proprietary VSC (Virtual Smart Card) scheme
using TPM 2.0 in Windows 8 while Google is working on a new kind of
smart card for U2F (Universal 2-Factor Authentication) in FIDO Alliance.
Intel has launched something called IPT (Identity Protection Technology)
which is another "candidate".  Trustonic (ARM offspring) is presumably
working on something similar under the wrappers.

Regarding Jonas' reference to security model, the examples above use fundamentally
different security models, ranging from signed code, user opt-ins, and SOP :-)

That is, the subject is already toast from an SDO point-of-view unless
rubber-stamping the existing Gemalto proposal is a viable option.

I would consider a brief poll to see if the Security Element API should
remain a chartered item.

Anders