Re: Concerns about DOMRequest

On 20/02/13 16:09, David Bruant wrote:
> Also [2]:
> // What is clear is that no matter what approach is pursued, integration
> // with developer tooling is key. Developer consoles SHOULD log un-caught
> // errors from future chains. That is to say, if future.done(onresponse); is
> // the only handler given for a resolver which is eventually rejected,
> // developer tools should log the unhandled error.
>
> Integration with devtools shouldn't be part of the spec per se. However,
> the feature is designed with devtools integration in mind and from what
> I read, I feel it all describes what I expect from .done and the
> potential devtool integration.
> What makes you feel there is a mismatch between the proposed DOMFuture
> and what I described?

.done() gives some semantic but I do not think you need .done() to catch
an error not being handled in the following chain:
foo.then(function() {
  return bar();
}).then(function() {
  return foobar();
});

In this chain, if an error has to be thrown, the backend will try to
send it to the next member of the chain. If, until the end of the chain,
there is no error handler, the backend could simply log that.

--
Mounir