Re: Request to make one proposal for execution model and security model

On 19/02/13 18:00, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

>> >   3) Any additional system events required? (such as language change, low memory, etc.)
> I think those are very interesting points. We are currently working an a
> language change event. I do not think we have a low memory event. Our
> current behaviour is to simply kill applications in background if there
> is no memory. I guess this assumes that the applications will save
> everything when paused.

FWIW, webinos doesn't have pre-defined system events.  We do have a
device status API based on the WAC Device API -
http://dev.webinos.org/specifications/draft/devicestatus.html - allowing
applications to register for information about battery levels, memory
available, network status, and so on.

>> >   * Browsing Context Management *
>> >   1) Should runtime allow multiple windows opened concurrently?
>> >     1-a) How to manage them (from UI perspective)?
> I think we need implementations feedback for that. Is Tizen and Webinos
> only allow to see one application at a time? Firefox OS only shows one
> application at a time (except some very specific cases) and only shows
> one application window at a time. Like Android would do.

No, webinos has different behaviour depending on the platform.  Because
it is an additional layer on top of an OS (specifically Windows, Android
and Linux) and operates on several different device form factors
(smartphones, PCs, in-car systems, set-top boxes) we have to support a
wide range of windowing approaches.  I would be disappointed if this
specification was too mobile-centric in this regard.

At the moment, I believe that our primary web app renderer allows each
application to have just one windowopen, but supports multiple
applications being visible at any time. We also (experimentally, with
many caveats) support rendering from a web browser, which then obviously
reverts to the standard web model.

>>    * Advanced Execution Model * for next version
>> >   Execution model for background service page (which is covered only by Google strawman proposal)
> We haven't figure that out yet at Mozilla. Any feedback from Webinos or
> Tizen would be interesting.

No, sorry.  We haven't got any good answers here.

Best wishes,

John