[Contacts Manager API] find() method - order by

From: Huang, Deqing <deqing.huang@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 03:34:04 +0000
To: "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>, Christophe Dumez <ch.dumez@sta.samsung.com>
Hi,

sortBy is defined in ContactFindOptions. Things might be a little complicated when it comes to sorting by a sequence type of field.

For example, one person can have multiple phone numbers, if we have:

John
Home Phone: 10000
Work Phone: 30000

Peter
Home Phone: 20000

What will find(orderby phoneNumbers) return?

In some phone I see it returns an array of 3 elements: "John(H) Peter(H) John(W)", but these elements are not Contact objects, they are just links pointing to actual Contact objects.

I think spec should state a little more about this situation: e.g. how many elements will be returned(2 or 3), what fields should these elements contain, etc...

Regards,
Deqing