Re: [Task Scheduler] Can we really remove TimezoneDirective argument?

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:25:22 +1100
To: Christophe Dumez <ch.dumez@sta.samsung.com>, Gene Lian <clian@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-sysapps@w3.org, Marcos Caceres <mcaceres@mozilla.com>
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013, at 4:03, Christophe Dumez wrote:
> In practice, a lot of systems use the Olson Database [1], where ids look
> like: "America/New_York" / "Europe/Paris".
> They are listed under /usr/share/zoneinfo/ on Linux. The database,
> contains information about standard and daylight savings time for each
> timezone, including changes in history.
> So Paris would have one timezone identifier, not 2.

I actually pointed that as a possible solution but the previous version
of the API was not using that kind of TZ identifier IIRC.

But as Marcos pointed, we should probably see who is interested to
implement this API as-is and who wants to add TZ. If there is a good
proposal and there are implementations for a TZ support in the Task
Scheduler, I do not see a reason why not doing it.

--
Mounir