Re: Toronto F2F agenda

On 23/08/13 12:41, Kis, Zoltan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Kis, Zoltan <zoltan.kis@intel.com> wrote:
>> Hi Mounir,
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
>>> You will see an item named "DataStore API". During the last F2F, Mozilla
>>> expressed concerns about the Messaging and Contacts API exposing data
>>> that could be updated and wanted a generic way to handle that sort of
>>> problems. This API is solving this issues as far as Mozilla is
>>> concerned. I will make sure to send documentation about this API before
>>> the F2F.
>>
>> Yes, there have been discussions about the DataStore API on this
>> mailing list too [1] (among others), and also on the F2F.
>> I think the current state of the DataStore API [2] is a good
>> continuation point and I am interested in this topic.
>> I also have a DataStore draft, dated from Dec. 2012, which I will
>> rethink based on the new developments.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Zoltan
>>
>> [1] "Data models and filtering" thread in
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2012Nov/thread.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2013Jan/thread.html
>>
>> [2]
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/DataStore
>> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/whatever-you-want
>
> On a more detailed comparison, it turned out that the additional
> features I used in my version of the DataStore API can be added
> separately on the top (e.g. automatic updates with settable update
> frequency, filtered "get" operation etc). In conclusion I support the
> proposed DataStore API (together with the planned additions). It looks
> to be a good start for the purpose it was designed for.

Good to hear that :)

The link you provided are not completely up-to-date. The etherpad is no
longer used (that was the notes while discussing the API internally) and
Mozilla is currently working on updating the wiki page. I will send an
email to the group when the wiki page will be up-to-date and ready to be
used for the F2F meeting.

Thanks,
--
Mounir