Re: Toronto F2F agenda

Hi Mounir,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
> You will see an item named "DataStore API". During the last F2F, Mozilla
> expressed concerns about the Messaging and Contacts API exposing data
> that could be updated and wanted a generic way to handle that sort of
> problems. This API is solving this issues as far as Mozilla is
> concerned. I will make sure to send documentation about this API before
> the F2F.

Yes, there have been discussions about the DataStore API on this
mailing list too [1] (among others), and also on the F2F.
I think the current state of the DataStore API [2] is a good
continuation point and I am interested in this topic.
I also have a DataStore draft, dated from Dec. 2012, which I will
rethink based on the new developments.

Best regards,
Zoltan

[1] "Data models and filtering" thread in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2012Nov/thread.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2013Jan/thread.html

[2]
https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/DataStore