Re: [sysapps/raw socket api]: New version based on Madrid meeting comments and comments from Ke-Fong Lin

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Alexandre Morgaut
<Alexandre.Morgaut@4d.com> wrote:

>>> arguments for TCPSocket and UDPSocket.

>>> mobile device, that would be WIFI, 3G, Bluetooth.
>>>
>>> Yup. So the question is what's the use case for, on a client side
>>> device, setting up a socket connection specifically from wifi, 3G or
>>> Bluetooth rather than the "default" connection?
>
> On client-side, the API won't be used only on mobiles.
> As far as I know sysapps also target packaged apps for desktop applications which can run on computers with several IP addresses including physical ones and virtual ones (in Virtual Machine contexts)

The app platform is definitely targetted at desktop applications and
mobile alike. I agree.

However this still doesn't really answer the question. When do you in
a client side app, for mobile or desktop, need to create a connection
on a particular interface or IP address?

/ Jonas