Re: joint work with WebApps WG on Manifest

Hi. Dave.

2013/4/26 Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>

> This to bring an issue [1] to the full SysApps WG mailing list.

Thanks a lot for bring this issue to mailing list!

The SysApps and WebApps working groups both have an interest in
> standardizing a JSON based manifest format for apps.
>
> The requirements for manifests for packaged and hosted apps overlap
> significantly, and presumably app developers would like to minimise
> differences in the manifest formats for packaged and hosted apps.
>
> This has been discussed at the recent SysApps Face to Face meeting [2],
> and separately by WebApps [3].
>
> Here are some possibilities:
>
> a. one of the two groups takes full ownership of the
>    manifest format for both packaged and hosted apps
>
> b. one group standardizes the manifest format and the
>    other group standardizes extensions to that format
>    as necessary for their own use cases
>
> c. there is a joint task force involving both groups
>    that standardizes a single specification covering
>    the use cases for both working groups

When I had a discussion in web apps wg in yesterday, Mike(W3C) raised issue
about administrative issue. So I have type "b" in mind. but I would like to
get feedback from the group members

> Whichever approach is adopted, both groups will need to liaise carefully.
> If we go the Task Force route, we would have a new mailing list and an area
> on the wiki. That is trivial to set up.
>
> At the SysApps face to face we resolved to propose to create a TF to the
> WebApps F2F for the runtime work. However, following the recent discussion
> in WebApps WG, it seems that WebApps WG is willing to take on full
> ownership and to drive the spec to W3C Recommendation for both packaged and
> hosted apps.

Presumably, this includes covering any SysApps requirements in relation to
> the security and runtime model.

I am not sure Web apps WG is willing to make manifest specs including
packaged web app. I understood as Web Apps handle only for part related
with hosted web app and SysApps WG do take care of parts of packaged web
app.
Jonas, Could you add more comment on this?

Kr, Wonsuk.

> We now need to take a decision on how to move forward.
>

> [1] https://github.com/sysapps/**manifest/issues/20#**
> issuecomment-17037665<https://github.com/sysapps/manifest/issues/20#issuecomment-17037665>
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/11-**sysapps-minutes.html#item07<http://www.w3.org/2013/04/11-sysapps-minutes.html#item07>
> [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/04/25-**webapps-minutes.html#action10<http://www.w3.org/2013/04/25-webapps-minutes.html#action10>
>
> --
> Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/**Raggett<http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett>

ÀÌ ¿ø ¼® (Wonsuk, Lee) / Principal Engineer, Ph.D
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS Co., LTD. (ß²àøï³í­)
Mobile: +82-10-5800-3997
E-mail: wonsuk11.lee@samsung.com, wonsuk73@gmail.com
http://www.wonsuk73.com/, twitter: @wonsuk73
Inspire the World, Create the Future !!!